* * FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE * *
Press Contact: Natalya Petroff
Phone: 917 288 0722, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
March 1, 2015, New York City – San Francisco – Los Angeles
Russian-Americans and Their Friends
Are Rallying in Solidarity with Antiwar Actions in Russia
and in Memory of Boris Nemtsov
American Russian-speaking Association for Civil & Human Rights (ARA), a national organization of Americans who immigrated from Russia and other former Soviet Union countries, is organizing actions in solidarity with Russian antiwar activists in New York City, San Francisco, Los Angeles, and Seattle on Sunday March 1. Russian-Americans and our friends will convene in solidarity with the antiwar rallies in Russia as well as to pay tribute to the memory of Boris Nemtsov, one of Russia’s foremost democratic leaders over the past 25 years, assassinated in Moscow on Friday February 27, 2015.
Our Association is either organizing or participating in the following actions:
- New York City – corner of East 67th Street & Lexington Avenue EST (across from Russia’s Permanent Mission to the UN), at 12 pm (jointly with “Russian Americans in Support of Ukraine”)
- San Francisco – Union Square (333 Post St.), 12pm PST (for further details, contact Mark Galperin, email@example.com)
- Los Angeles – Plummer Park (7377 Santa Monica Blvd., West Hollywood), 4pm PST (for further details contact Igor Kokarev, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Seattle – 600 University Street/1 Union Square, 1:30pm PST (for further details contact Maria Paramonova, email@example.com)
The slogans of our rallies are:
- PUT AN END TO POLITICAL TERROR!
- FREEDOM IN RUSSIA – PEACE IN UKRAINE!
- UKRAINE AND RUSSIA – IN EUROPE TOGETHER!
- PUTIN’S WAR ISN’T RUSSIANS’ WAR!
- FREEDOM TO NADIYA SAVCHENKO! FREEDOM TO YEVGENY VITISHKO! FREEDOM TO ALEXEY GASKAROV! FREEDOM TO RUSLAN KUTAEV! FREEDOM TO ALL POLITICAL PRISONERS IN RUSSIA!
- NO TO HATE SPEECH AGAINST ANY PEOPLE!
These rallies follow upon the Peace Rallies held by or with participation of our Association in six US cities on September 21, 2014.
Follow us on Twitter @AmRusRights